You can choose your favorite payment method:
- Online Secure Paypal/ Credit Card / Debit Card: Use your credit card or paypal account to securely place an order with us! You can choose to pay 50% as a downpayment and the 50% before the dress’s photos are sent to you in preparation of shipping! Alternatively, you can pay the whole amount upfront. We also have paypal credit if you want to pay in installments. For Etsy orders, you can choose to pay with Klarna on our Etsy platform. Klarna is also an installment option that you can use.
- Bank Transfer: You may choose to send a bank transfer to our amount. Just like above, you can choose to pay 50% or 100% of the order’s amount. After you have successfully placed your order, the bank transfer details will automatically show up if you choose that option of payment. This is usually preferred by some of our international customers.
- Western Union/MoneyGram: Many of our Middle East customers prefer this method of payment. The receipient’s details will automatically show up after you choose this option after placing your order.
If you require any additional help, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We have a 50% downpayment option in addition to the 100% option when placing your order. If you choose to pay 50% of the full price, we can immediately start the process of designing/ tailoring the dress, and you will be required to pay the remaining 50% balance after we finish the gown and send you its pictures and get it ready for shipping if it’s all great! You can also choose to pay 100% of the order’s price when placing it. We also have Paypal credit available for installment options. For our Etsy customers, Klarna is available for installment plans as well.
Kindly note that if you choose the 50% option, you will need to make the remaining payment on the dress once it is ready for shipping within 14 days. Otherwise, there will be a 10% extra fee on the dress’s total price for every additional month it is not paid.
We do understand that you might be passing through hard circumstances/times, so contact us immediately if your remaining payment has to be delayed so we can work out a date/ payment plan . Orders that are unpaid will be sent to Collection Agencies if the customer cannot be reached and/or is not responsive to our Email Reminders.
Brides & Tailor is a leader in Wedding Gown Design, Customization and Tailoring. Since we customize bridal gowns from scratch and we work with brides in all states, we are mostly an Ecommerce business. However, we do offer zoom/ phone consultations where the bride can talk with a bridal consultant who can guide her throughout the process of turning her idea of the perfect wedding dress into reality. If interested, kindly book an appointment by visiting The Appointment page. Please make sure that you send us your inspirational photos/ design ideas before you book an appointment so we can confirm the design with you first.
Note to local customers who choose to have final fittings with us instead of having the dress shipped out : Starting from October 20th,2020, all brides who choose to have final fitting in-person appointments with Brides & Tailor will have a $300 added fee for amendments cost if they choose to have a final fitting with us. If the customer does not wish to pay the fee, the dress can be shipped with no fitting/alteration services. Kindly note that this $300 fee is only to cover measurements/fit issues. It does not cover prices related to the bride changing the design of the dress after it is finished. The final photos of the dress will be sent to the customer when the dress is finished to make sure the design element is complete and confirmed.
From the beginning of the process, we make sure we are transparent with our brides all through the way. After we receive inspirational photos or sketches of the design that the bride wants, we first make sure that the material is available and that the end result of the dress would be at least 80% similar to the end result that the bride envisions. It is important for brides to know that we do not copy other gown ideas they send. What we do is that we use the inspo photos to understand the overall style and work with our own relevant lace patterns and material. If we believe that it will be hard to execute a certain custom gown, we’ll inform the customer immediately that we cannot accept the order.
Throughout the process, we keep the customer updated about the process of her dress tailoring, and we share the photos of the gown with the customer after It is finished to make sure she agrees with it and to amend any extra parts that need changes. By partnering together with the bride and involving her in the process, we make sure the end result is always an unforgettable one.
Brides & Tailor’s objective is to provide brides with the dream wedding dress that they want in the size they need. There are 3 different processes in place to make sure this is achieved:
1- Having custom measurements taken by the bride is the best way to ensure a great fit rather than counting on standard sizing. The measurements guide will be sent to to the customer and a professional tailor / seamstress near the bride’s location can help take them for more accuracy. The bride needs to understand the measurements before visiting a tailor to make sure it’s all taken correctly.
2- Three-step-verification process: Once the customer sends her measurements, we first make sure that the different body measurements are rational. Following this, we make sure that the fabric cut correctly matches the size needed after reproducing the sizes. The third step is measuring up the size of the final dress to match it with the size given. This way, we make sure that the size is exactly your size.
3- In case the bride’s weight fluctuates, we always recommend creating lace-up at the back instead of a zipper since this can accommodate one size up and one size down. We also create extra material in the seam allowance incase the dress needs to be slightly amended. Most of our custom gowns do not require any amendments, and if they do, they are usually very minor ones required. Any local tailor can help the bride with that. We do not cover alterations because of weight/ size changes.
Absolutely yes! We are here to open up all the options for the bride who does not want to choose a traditional white wedding dress. We have many color charts available depending on the material so we do not have them posted on the website since there are so many catalogues. Contact us if you have specific color preference and we’ll make sure we have it before you order.
No problem! We are here to provide you with an excellent design and tailoring experience. As long as you still have time for the changes, we will be studying the changes and see if there are any associated additional expenses to it. If it is just a minor amendment, we can do it for you. However, after the final dress photos are sent to the customer and the design is approved, it is not possible to change the design due to the very high costs associated with that.
Brides & Tailor has a team of dedicated and contracted professional haute couture and bridal designers and tailors-local and international so we are able to provide our customers with fast turn-over without impacting the quality and the techniques used on all our bridal gowns. You do not need to wait 9-12 months for your bridal gown to be finished, because it can be finished in as quickly as 12 weeks!
Our processing times are 12-14 weeks on average and most of our brides order their gowns at least 8 months before the wedding. Our custom gowns pass through a rigorous quality inspection process after they are finished so this is why it is always preferable for our brides to avoid last minute dress orders and to plan making their order in advance. Since we serve brides all over the US, worldwide and not only Michigan, our processing times might increase a bit during our high season.
We ship all our bridal gowns using USPS Priority/ Fedex for guaranteed and tracked delivery. The dress will be carefully folded to make sure the beadings and all the work is kept protected. It will arrive in our Heavy Duty Garment Bag which will ensure your dress stays protected and dust-proof. . Please do not iron and handle the dress carefully. Always take the dress to a professional dry cleaning facility to have it steamed, etc according to what the material requires. All packages require an adult signature so our courriers will not leave any packages at porches/ outdoors.
Yes of course! We can design any dress you want as long as we have the material, capacity for it. We will let you know if it’s not available the minute you send us your design.
Great question and we’ll gladly tell you why! First of all, Brides & Tailor’s costs of creating a wedding dress are just the same as any of the great quality bridal salons. We use high quality material including duchess satin, mikado, high quality tulle, chiffon, lace, and all kinds of beadings. So how do we save you the extra cost? First of all, we have no inventory operational costs since we do not have a traditional bridal boutique , we have zero intermediary costs since we design/tailor the custom gown and ship it straight to you, no employees extensive costs since we do not have a regular showroom which is operational throughout the day, and less electricity bills and less operational and utility costs. We only use high quality fabric/ material for our gowns and this makes a huge difference!
We truly understand how stressing your wedding day preparations can be, simply because we have been in your shoes!:)
The great news is that Brides & Tailor offers a comprehensive Return Policy to make sure you are relaxed and happy.
Please read the policy points below.
Our number 1 aim is to make our brides smile so there you go!
All of our dresses are customized dresses. This means that we tailor the wedding/bridal dress especially for you! So the return and exchange of dresses is not possible. However, exchange of accessories such as bridal shoes, jewelry can be made provided that we have sent you the wrong size/item.
All of our wedding dresses are made by our tailors who have more than 10 years of tailoring Experience. We follow the precise measurement details you give us as well as all the extra Dress alteration requirements. ( Please follow the measurement instructions on our size/color Guide page carefully. We also leave a few extra inches of the fabric in the seams part Of the dress incase you gain/lose a few extra pounds.
In case of receiving a damaged item due to shipping:
We use extremely liable methods of shipping the dress into you to make sure you receive the Dress in an excellent condition, just the way we made it! We currently use Fedex Ground home delivery and USPS Priority Mail for this purpose. All shipments require signature and will NOT be left outside.
In case of receiving a wedding dress with the wrong size/color
Our designers/tailors are very precise in creating signature wedding dresses that are unique. If you use the Size Guide Instructions and get measured professionally, your measurements will be accurate! We always leave extra fabric inside the seams part of the dress as well to make sure there is some extra room of change in case You gain/lose some pounds ( less than 5 lbs). You can also choose to have your dress with lace-up at the back to accommodate going one size up/down.
However, if the overall size we sent is absolutely wrong because of a mistake that we have done and is not fixable at all , you will be entitled to Full refund minus shipping the dress back to us. You will need to provide evidence of the totally different dress measurements from a professional tailor, and we will be inspecting this problem. This applies to major dress size difference. For example, if we made the dress in a size 10 while it had to be a size 14. If there is a minor issue with the measurements (sleeves) , we will be working with you to remake it so it can be easily fixed. If the problem is related to your weight gain/weight loss, no refunds will be provided. Most of our gowns require no amendments when they arrive, but if they do, the amendments required would be minor and they should be covered by the bride who can visit a local tailor and have that amended.
If the size is different due to wrong measurements given to us, we are sorry to let you know that we won’t be able to refund your order. We do not offer replicas of designers. What we do offer instead, is a dress that is based on the inspirational photos you send us in addition to our special unique touches to ensure that you’re as beautiful as can be.
Our return/exchange policy is made to make sure our relationship with our customers is as transparent and honest as it can be! Rest assured that we are only here to make brides happy!
As with any custom wedding dress, some minor alterations might be necessary for the bride. Brides living outside Michigan can use the services of a local professional tailor near them if any minor changes are required on the dress on their own expense.
Note to Michigan customers: Starting from October 20th,2020, all brides who choose to have in-person appointments for the final fitting with our local seamstress in Canton, MI will have a $300 added fee for amendments cost if they choose to have a final fitting with us. If the customer does not wish to pay the fee, the dress can be shipped/picked up but with no fitting/alteration services. Kindly note that this $300 fee is only to cover measurements/fit issues. It does not cover prices related to the bride changing the design of the dress after it is finished. The final photos of the dress will be sent to the customer when the dress is finished to make sure the design element is complete and confirmed. Adding Design requirements is not covered by this $300 and will be at the bride’s expense.
Also note that it is not our responsibility to amend any gowns that have been already received or picked up by the customer 7 days after that date. Any further changes needed after that time must be done on the brides’ expense.
Absolutely. Brides & Tailor team will communicate with you and understand the design you have using the inspirational photos you send us. We will be able to design the final dress for you, share with you all the details of your final dress and then guide through the process of placing your order. You can also place a sketch order before beginning the process and it will help you visualize how the end product would look like . To order a sketch, click here : https://bridesandtailor.com/product/wedding-dress-sketch-by-brides-tailor/
To send us inspirational pictures of your dream wedding dress, please visit the following page: https://www.bridesandtailor.com/send-us-your-own-design/
At Brides & Tailor, we aim to create a unique custom wedding dress for you and we do not copy other designers’ wedding dresses. Our team consists of designers/tailors who work with your inspirational ideas just to understand what concept you have in mind and what styles you are looking for. Brides & Tailor’s team will design your wedding dress after careful consideration for all the factors and requirements collected.
Kindly note that while we do require inspirational photos to understand the overall idea of the design, we do not replicate other designs. So you’d be able to change the neckline shape, back, sleeves, etc and we’ll be using relevant lace from our collection to ensure that the dress is one of a kind and is uniquely created for you.
Yes. We are offering the same services on our Etsy Shop ONLY . You can visit our shop on Etsy here. Kindly note that we do not sell our products on any other platforms. This is very important to know since we’ve been receiving so many Emails from customers who ended up falling to scams on Ebay and other websites stealing our images/background photos and claiming to sell our gowns for as low as $200. Unfortunately, we cannot control all of these activities since they unfortunately do so to so many small businesses.
If you’d like to order a custom sketch with us before you place any order, you can do so using this link : https://www.etsy.com/listing/689505345/custom-wedding-dress-sketch-in-2d-by
This is one of our highly demanded services since we sketch the dress and then actually create it from scratch. A sketch is advised for brides who have a combination of ideas for their wedding dress or dresses in alternative colors as well. This way, we’d be able to use your inspirational photos and ideas to do the pencil sketch and then color it so you can visualize how the final custom gown would actually look like once it’s finished.I definitely recommend this for you to be able to visualize how your final custom gown would look like. Since we create our gowns from scratch and do not copy other dresses and only use the inspo photos to understand your overall vision, you can also choose the neckline shape, sleeves style, back style (corset, buttons, zipper,etc). We need around 1 week-10 days to finish from a colored sketch.
Brides & Tailor ships worldwide, and some countries such as European ones impose import custom fees. Please consult your local shipping companies or custom officers to understand if your country will apply custom fees on Imported Wedding gowns. If that is the case, your shipping company will contact you once your shipment is in country to pay any pending fees by your custom controls. We do not cover customs charges.
Kindly note that we currently do not ship out to Germany due to extensive regulations required for imports.
There are 2 options of ordering from Brides & Tailor and they have very slight differences in terms of how the process works.
- If you are choosing a dress from our collection, you will just need to either place the dress directly through our website/ Etsy shop and then wait until we send you the measurements guide so you can get measured accurately by a seamstress in your area. You can choose the standard size closest to your size when placing your order because we will be sending you the measurements guide for custom measurements to be taken in both cases before we start with your order. You can also refer to our most recent measurements guide on this link if you’d like to take the measurements beforehand: https://bridesandtailor.com/color-chart-measurements-guide-2/ Just make sure you take the measurements with no shoes, and that your clothes are normal fitting when you take the measurements. Please do not wear any shapewear when taking the measurements.
- If you want us to create a custom wedding dress based on your own ideas, you will need to first upload your inspirational photos/ design ideas directly on this link https://bridesandtailor.com/send-us-your-own-design/ or send us an email to email@example.com so we can provide you with the price quote and all details. We will also be sending you the custom invoice after adding it to the system so you’d be able to place your custom order on our website. Our sketching services are optional but they are great if you want to visualize the custom dress before ordering it! Click here for more information about our Sketching Services
- Measurements Guide: Our measurements guide is pretty detailed and straight-forward. Any local tailor/seamstress in your area will be able to help you take them, and this will allow us to create the dress in your exact size. If you are a local Michigan bride, we can also suggest our local seamstress for you to get measured.
- Materials / Lace/ Color Pick : We will also send you photos of a variety of relevant lace patterns that you can choose for the dress since it has lace and/or our color chart if you require a colored wedding dress. We have so many colors and options for you to choose from.
- Dress Updates: Since we are an Ecommerce business, there aren’t multiple fitting options available for brides since we work with brides in all states. Throughout the process, you will be updated with the paper pattern of the dress, the lace applique pattern before we sew it into the dress, beadings pattern if the dress has beadings, and any other major steps that require you to confirm in order to move to the next step. Once the dress is finished, we will also send you photos of it from the front and back to ensure that everything looks great.
- After the dress is finished :
After we send you the finalized photos of the dress, the dress will be ready for shipping / final fitting ( optional ).
- Dress Shipping via USPS Priority / Fedex : If you’ve opted for the 50% downpayment option and the remaining 50% after it is finished, you will be receiving the remaining invoice so you can get it paid . The dress will be shipped out after that and you will be receiving its tracking information. All dresses needs to be signed for by an adult and will not be left at the front porch of any residence.
- Final Fitting ( Optional only) If you want to have a final fitting instead of shipping We usually ship out the dress after it is finished since we are an Ecommerce small business and not a traditional bridal boutique, but if you’d like to have the final fitting with our local seamstress in Canton Michigan rather than having the dress shipped out, there will be a $300 fee which would also cover any minor amendments that are required ( measurements-wise). Most of the times, our custom gowns require no amendments or just minor ones, so the choice is yours. You can choose this option later later on after the gown is finished so you won’t need to make up your mind regarding the final fitting from now.
We all know how hard and overwhelming dress shopping can be sometimes. For the bride who’s looking for a specific dress’s idea, it can be daunting to hop from a bridal boutique to another and only love certain aspects of each gown. Here’s what Brides & Tailor does:
1)We merge all of your ideas into one so you can get the dress that you want, with all the elements that you want and in the color that you want. We can even help you visualize the final design through sketching it for you.
2) We work with all colors, including creating Black Wedding Dresses! We are best known for our unique, ethereal black wedding dresses. Best part? We work with all colors too!
3) Our prices are very competitive and are very reasonable for high-quality custom gowns. They are lower than typical bridal boutique prices in most cases, and this even applies to dresses from outside our collection ( custom gowns based on your own ideas! )
4) We are absolutely SIZE-INCLUSIVE! No matter what your size is, we celebrate all figures and aim to make all of our brides feel amazing and spectacular in their wedding dresses. What is even better than this is the fact that all of our gowns are custom made in regards to the sizing as well, so you won’t need to settle for a plus size dress and then have it altered. Custom measurements will ensure a perfect fit!
5) We DOUBLE – CHECK your measurements! Even if we count on you to read the measurements-guide, we will still ensure that we do double check the measurements after you provide them to us and we will let you know if any of these are of concern based on the overall proportions.
6) We work with brides in all states not only Michigan + internationally as well. Our process is done remotely online from A- Z. From Dress Design, Consultation, Email Communication, etc, we will make sure you have a stress-free experience while still getting top notch customer service to ensure your dream dress is within reach.
7) Top Notch Customer Service.
Our #1 priority is making sure that you get what you envision. Our team will work with you to ensure that you get the best support/ service throughout the process. Brides & Tailor is an Award-Winning woman-owned custom bridal business proudly based in Michigan, USA.
8) Award-Winning and Published Small Business
Brides & Tailor is the Winner of Local 4 Channel’s Vote 4 The Best Competition in 2022 for the Wedding Dresses Category in Metro Detroit , Michigan.
Over the past years, we’ve won numerous awards including Detroit- Vote 4 The Best’s Wedding Dresses Vendor by Click on Detroit, The Knot Best of Weddings for 2020,2021,2022, Couple Choice Awards for
☆Brides & Tailor has been proudly published in some of USA’s Top Bridal Magazines including Contemporary Weddings Magazine, Black Bride Magazine, Wedding Day Magazine, Alabama Weddings Magazine, MunaLuchi Bride , Loverly, Tacari Weddings, Alabama Weddings Magazine,etc.
No, we do not do alterations on gowns bought elsewhere.
Our custom wedding dresses start at $1800 and go up to $3000+ depending on how complex the dress is, how much beading work it requires, and which material/ fabric is needed. Most dresses we create are below $2400